- Family History:
Elaine was born in Lubbock, Texas to Evertt and Elsie Huffard. She spent from age ten to eighteen in the Middle East where her family served as missionaries. She has one brother, Dr. Evertt W. Huffard, who recently retired as the Dean of Harding Theological School. Elaine married Darrell Denman and together they have ministered for 38 years in Louisiana, Jordan, Mississippi, Texas, Illinois, Virginia, Tennessee, and Kansas. Elaine has two grandsons, Josiah & Asher and a granddaughter, Charis. Their parents are Kate and Jonathan, Elaine’s son, who resides in Carterville, Illinois.
Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia,
Doctor of Ministry Degree: Leadership & Renewal/Marriage & Family
Dissertation: The Impact of Worldview on the Spiritual Healthof the Christian Family: The Case for Biblical Worldview
Regent University, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Master of Divinity
Lincoln Christian Seminary, Lincoln, Illinois
60 hr. MA in Counseling Ministry, including 8 months unit of CPE
Methodist Hospital, Peoria, Illinois
Abilene Christian University, Abilene, Texas
Post-graduate work in Education
Bachelor of Arts in Bible
Ministry Experience & Employment:
- Taught Bible class to children on the mission field in Arabic from 1965-1971.
- Taught Bible Study to women and children in Arabic, 1978-1981.
- Participated in and wrote curriculum for youth leadership summer camps, 1985-1992.
- Conducts ladies' seminars and retreats throughout the U.S., 1985-current.
- Facilitates support groups such as Search for Significance, Boundaries, Loss/Grief, Parenting Teens, Intimate Encounters, Experiencing God, 1985-current.
- Organized and developed educational departments and curriculum from nursery to high school, 1988-1992.
- Taught and wrote curriculum for teen classes, 1988-2000.
- Worked with Hospice as apprentice Pastoral Counselor for 6 months, 1994.
- Began ministry of Celebrate Recovery at Forest Mill Church of Christ, Manchester, TN, 2007-2009.
- On staff at Northside Church of Christ, Wichita, KS as pastoral counselor and together with her husband, direct and train the Celebrate Recovery ministry, 2010 - current..
- Adjunct instructor at Lipscomb University for upper level girls Bible class, Fall 2005
- Adjunct instructor at Johnson Bible College, Knoxville, TN for course in Marriage and Family program:
- Interpersonal Relationships, 2007, 2009